We are now just one week away from Giving Tuesday 2021!
Giving Tuesday, or #GivingTuesday, was initially created in 2012 with the simple premise of a single day that encourages people to do good in the world. Everyone can participate in this movement of generosity, be it through donation, using your voice, or donating your time. The ultimate goal of GivingTuesday is to “create a more just and generous world, one where generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking dignity, opportunity, and equity around the globe.”
How to Participate (GivingTuesday.org):
- Share kindness with your neighbors.
- Volunteer virtually or share your talents.
- Give your voice to a cause that matters to you.
- Show gratitude to healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers who are making sure we still have the services we rely on, even at risk to their own health.
- Discover a local fundraiser, community drive or coordinated event to join others in your area or with your same interests in giving back — they need your help. Search for opportunities here.
- Give to your favorite cause or a fundraiser to help those in need.
- Talk about giving and generosity using the hashtag #GivingTuesday