Are you as fascinated by orangutans as we are? Check out our 10 most interesting interesting facts about orangutans below:
- Orangutans are only found in Southeast Asia, more specifically in Borneo and Sumatra!
- Orangutans share 97% of their DNA with humans!
- There are actually 3 different species of orangutan; Sumatran, Bornean, and Tapanuli.
- All species of orangutan are critically endangered according to the IUCN.
- Orangutans are the largest tree-living mammal in the world!
- Orangutans eat over 300 different kinds of fruit.
- An orangutan can live about 35 to 40 years in the wild.
- The current population of wild orangutans consists of about 50,000 – 65,000 individuals.
- Males have large cheek pads that develop once they are fully matured adults.
- Orangutans are the only great ape that live naturally outside of Africa (other than humans!)
i love it thank you
Yasss I love that oranguatans eat with their feet! GO QUEENS! #femaleorangutansROCK!!!